Sunday, November 8, 2009

Little steps & Bad dreams

I woke up at 4:00am on my day off because I had a bad dream. Bad dreams, of the demonic kind, are not strangers to me. I've had a few that left me terrified to sleep for months at a time. The past few nights I've had bothersome dreams and weird dreams, but tonight was straight up scary. Long story short, my friend was being distant because she was being possessed - yeah, no good. So I woke myself up, and started reading my bible and praying out loud. That is the best way to recover from a nightmare. God does not ignore your request for His presence, and demons tremble at the name of Jesus.

I've been meaning to write about more progress with church and just our lives here in Hawai'i. I received a call about serving in the youth ministries at church since I filled out a card indicating that is my interest. It sounds like there is a need to someone to step in, and it makes me excited but scared at the same time. I know God has me here for a reason, but subconsciously I've been scared to fulfill that purpose. Have you ever been hesitant to take those first steps because you know it's a commitment and it's gonna be big? This is an occasional pattern in my life. Even if it's gonna be great, if it's gonna be big, I may take longer to dive in. And this isn't necessarily discernment, but more often out of fear. I'm growing.

I'll be meeting with the youth pastor next Sunday for more details and to begin getting involved. This week we'll be meeting with the worship leader and maybe his wife to hang and talk story. Hopefully we'll be joining their small group on Wednesdays as well. I'm excited to be moving forward in our walk together and our church; it's a new experience for us to share.

Well, I better try and get some more sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment