Friday, June 7, 2013

How a fart stopped a fire

Really, it's true! It went like this...

I started the rice cooker a few minutes before my son and I went to take our nap. I knew we would be asleep when hubby woke up to go to work and might want some rice to go with whatever he eats. I do this all the time. I will never do it again.

This afternoon the boy was a little more resistant for his nap. He was rolling around, talking, and trying to play. At one point he said, "Big doo doo." I asked if he needed/wanted to use the potty, but no. I told him just sleep then. I was trying to sleep until I got a whif of something. Geez! The last thing I wanna do is clean up some poo; I'm ready to sleep. Why did you have to go now? 

I got up to get wipes since there were none in the room and immediately I could smell something burning. My first thought was, what are the neighbors cooking (or burning)? But it was so strong I got more curious and concerned, and went to investigate the kitchen. Did I leave something on? I hadn't even cooked since breakfast. Then I noticed the rice cooker was still switched to "cook" but it had been going for almost an hour by then and should be been on "warm." I gave the switch a little tap and it went to "warm." Too late buddy! The rice touching the pot was burning. I added some water to cool it faster but I have yet to see the mess it's created inside. This has never happened! I'm guessing we need a new rice cooker because it's not worth the risk.

When I went back to change that diaper, there was no poo! He must have just carte. But his fart averted a potential disaster! Hooray for timely flatulence! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment