Monday, June 28, 2010

I like weekend

My hubby was off this weekend, and that always makes for a good one. I got a couple random naps in on Saturday after having bad sleep for a few days prior. Apparently fluctuating hormones can cause some insomnia...greeeaaaaaat.

Sunday was awesome! I had to mentally prepare myself for a long day that I didn't wanna miss any part of. We started off with church. The series right now is about children and parenting, and what the Bible really has to say about it. We've been learning things we've never heard preached before and it's been good. And good timing since we're trying to start our family too. Youth group was different because we had planned an afternoon at Ala Moana with burgers, sun, beach - the good stuff. We picked up a few toppings and even though not many of the kids could actually make it, we had a great time. The weather was nice, with some occasional high winds but I still got my butt out in the water to swim eventually to get my exercise. I love hanging out with the kids! They're awesome.

Right after we met up with a couple from Seattle (one of which is actually from here). We've never got to spend much time with them but I'm so thankful we have now. We ate a lot of course and talked for hours. Just another aloha-life experience, hanging with people from home over here. I love it. I hope it's the start of a long friendship. :)


~ ~ ~

Just read some more Deuteronomy. This book is the most highly quoted by Jesus in the New Testament, so it's more than worth reading. I'm currently reading through the Bible chronologically, and I'm really glad it's opening my eyes to more of the Old Testament, which is often overlooked or skimmed by NT churches. I am learning a lot about just the path laid for Jesus' arrival and the things the Jews had to do according to the law, before grace. I'm soooooo thankful for grace. Not just because it got rid of burnt sacrifices but because of the whole picture and circumference of what it means to have grace. We are not bound by rituals or forced to be unclean until evening; we are cleansed by His blood, and that's our undeserved gift which we take for granted and barely even know how to receive. I want to receive it - every day, IN the moments, not after or just when I pray at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment