Tuesday, June 29, 2010

>>Reading up


In the last week, and well, since I found out I was pregnant, I've done a lot of reading online. Forums are great! I like how we can just type a question into Google and find an answer. Of course I weed through the lame or silly answers but a lot of the information has helped me learn and to realize all the stuff going on inside me is normal.

I thought I was weird for not wanting vegetables lately. Apparently it's very common, and most women supplement with their vitamins and/or more fruit in their diet. That's basically what I've been doing; I've been craving fruit like mad. Thank goodness I've kept a lot of fruit around, because without it, I have trouble staying regular nowadays.

I read up on breast feeding this morning. I had never really thought about the fact that you pretty much need to do it right at the hospital, as soon as possible after any tests/complications/etc. Pretty interesting stuff, and kinda scary. I know it's going to hurt at first, but there's a good chance it will just get easier. I'm praying I have enough milk, haha, what a prayer request!

Before I eat anything a little more outside of my normal routine, I Google it too. I've come to realize how silly we are in America. Can I eat sushi? Is it okay to eat spicy Indian food? Ummmmm, Japanese women would probably laugh at us if we told them they shouldn't eat sushi. Seriously. I mean, I'm taking the cautious route, and definitely monitoring my intake of most kinds of fish, but I think since I live in a place where super fresh seafood is the standard I've been okay to even eat some seared ahi tuna. And I read a forum about Indian food where an Indian woman basically pointed out how India is overpopulated and all those women having babies surely ate some spicy and spice-filled foods. Heartburn can be an issue for those not used to it, but really, eat it if that's what you want.

The last thing I'll mention that I needed to read was that not only do these fluctuating hormones make you "sluggish" but they can also serve up some insomnia. Greaaaaaat, nothing better than being tired and unable to sleep, right? I went through some of that for about 4 nights last week and thought I must be crazy. I couldn't even nap without waking up after an hour - feeling tired but eyeballs sticking wide open. I just happened to come across part of an article on babycenter.com that mentioned more effects of hormones. I'm doing better with that the last 3 nights/naps. I think I've actually worn myself out enough that I just sleep for real. I like that.

[pic: the baby is about the size of a kumquat around this time...whatever that is]

No comments:

Post a Comment