Sunday, January 18, 2015

One word - Day 2


Go
1. Why is it so hard to simplify life? Why is this life so complex?
•Hard to simplify when everything is labeled as a priority. (Who's priority?)

2. Why do you think we try to impress people with more rather than less?

•We associate having more with wealth and success, which often leaves us with less of the things we say "really matter" like time with loved ones or personal time.

3. What is God saying to you now about your One Word theme for the year? 

•A recurring theme or though since the start of the year: one day at a time. My mind has trouble thinking this way. I make plans, spreadsheets; I run through possible scenarios if I think one won't work. I get mad when plans have to change or cancel, so I am afraid to commit. I get sort of paralyzed thinking of the future, rather than continuing in the now.

...Commit some serious time to praying and asking God to speak to you.

Workout
Luke 10:42; Luke 18:22; Mark 10:21


No comments:

Post a Comment