Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Season 9 American Idol Picks out of 16


This season I'd say the girls are doing better than the guys. I'm not excited about anyone yet, but I have voices I favor, of course.


Eliminations...

Ashley Rodriguez - (Wk 1) I had hope for her, because she had major potential and major stage presence.
Janell Wheeler - (Wk 1) Didn't think she was that strong of a contender for the win, but wasn't sure if she should've been out the first week.
Michelle Delamor - (Wk 2) I definitely she should've lasted another week but mostly because she's highly marketable. I honestly think she should pursue modeling. Singing, may not take her as far.
Haeley Vaughn - (Wk 2) Thank the Lord this girl is off the stage. Sweet as she may be, the voice was murderous to my ears.

Joe Munoz - (Wk 1) WTH, he was confident as he awkwardly stared into the camera, but dude had a good voice and was a great performer.
Tyler Grady - (Wk 1) Yeah, he was stuck in a time he wasn't even conceived in. Kinda odd, but may do well in local band gigs.
John Park - (Wk 2) Not a strong performer solo but maybe good with his group. Nice voice most of the time.
Jermaine Sellers - (Wk 2) I loved his voice and that Jesus is his homeboy but attitude was a little off sometimes. He could really sing, but wrong songs.


Current ladies...

YES
-Crystal Bowersox: Artistry and voice, she is unique in this competition but I do agree there are many like her out there.
-Didi Benami: Such a voice, I love her voice; she needs to step it up and take a risk by adding her own flare.
-Lily Scott: I think her voice is really good and different in a good way; she's very artistic and original.

MAYBE
-Katelynn Epperly: I don't think her voice is that strong, but she is good. I don't think I connect with her.
-Paige Miles: Awesome voice, but there's something I'm not getting from her too. But the voice, girl got skills.

NO
-Katie Stevens: Good singer, but boring performer. She's young, needs experience.
-Lacey Brown: Um, I get the impression there's only certain songs she can sing.
-Siobhan Magnus: Great range, but is almost too odd off the bat. Individuality and quirkiness is fine, but honestly the wardrobe is killing me.


Current gentlemen...

YES
-Andrew Garcia: Star potential, maybe with a band, but definitely a true artist and a front man.
-Lee Dewyze: Star potential here too. He needs to exude more confidence with that voice.
-Todrick Hall: Lemme be honest, he's not the best singer, but he IS an artist. Maybe he should be a producer and back-up dancer?

MAYBE
-Alex Lambert: Odd dude, nice tone to his voice but needs to change his hair and gain some confidence.
-Casey James: Voice good, guitar good...but maybe not as good as he thinks he is?
-Michael Lynche: Good voice, awesome performer but it's hard to piece that big man with those smaller songs. Last week was a good one for him but there's something I can't grasp...

NO
-Aaron Kelly: Another young, fairly dull kid. He has a good voice, but this show is not long enough for him to grow up in time.
-Tim Urban: Dude...no more. All I can think of is that first live performance and that he didn't exactly redeem himself last week.





No comments:

Post a Comment