Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm sick of being sick!

So I was sick for about a week and I swear I got better but now as of Wednesday night I'm sick again. Annoying. Being sick always feels like such a waste of time. I have been disciplined and not surfing in hopes to speed my recoveries but it doesn't seem to help with whatever I have. I miss surfing. And I even have now called out from work twice - the only two times since I started. Ugghhhh! At least we made it to the grocery store in the short time I was feeling up to it. I love having a cupboard and fridge full of goodies.

Another good thing that lifts my spirits is that they finally aired an episode of Ugly Betty. I am so sad that the show is going to end. I LOVE UGLY BETTY! The show is so awesome I don't understand why it can't continue. Maybe it doesn't have enough explicit sex or ridiculous relationships flying all around, and America Ferrera may not be considered the "ideal" hot body, but girl is beautiful, and represents a demographic that is more relatable than a super model type. She is a woman of color with a good head on her shoulders and meat on her bones. She's imperfect and can admit it; very vulnerable and always growing. C'mon people! Is it too much to ask to have a show that is positive and dramatic and quirky all at the same time?

I digress...

Your prayers of healing and quick recovery are welcomed. My chest is heavy, my throat is scratchy, and I've run a low fever off and on. I'm going to keep resting as a priority and keep my hot honey/lemon/ginger water handy. I am trying to avoid my usual Theraflu doses on the small chance that I could be pregnant. (I read that you shouldn't take it if pregnant due to high potency, etc.) I don't know if I'm even late since my cycles are still very irregular but I don't like taking chances - nah mean? I've been curving my diet and vices preparing myself for that time which I hope will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment