Friday, July 30, 2010

Feelin' the heat

So it's summer, but I'm heated from the inside out right now. I have been easily cold for the last 5 years or so that I can remember - not sure why, kinda thought it was cuz not enough insulation (i.e. meat on my bones). But whatever the reason, it's been annoying, especially when I lived in Seattle and I had to wear 2 pairs of pants at all times or suffer the shivers. No joke. Now that I'm in the islands I definitely have held a steadier temperature. I didn't even own shorts when I moved here!

When you are pregnant you're body is working overtime, so you give off more heat. I'm noticing this as the weather stays hotter this summer. Even my husband feels my heat and it gets to be too much for him at times. It's weird cuz I've always been the cold one, lol. I still get cold of course, but I always put my hair up lately because it keeps the heat flowing off my neck rather than trapping it. Also, I hate how my hair looks right now, which I plan to fix in Seattle when we visit in a few weeks. *phew*

No comments:

Post a Comment