Monday, July 12, 2010

Start spreading the news...


Well, it's official! We've made it public knowledge that we are expecting our first baby. It feels nice to be able to share this time with everyone now. I am feeling the love, and loving the excitement from everyone. Makes me more excited.

Our 2nd ultrasound went well today. From what the tech could see, no signs of problems or down syndrome at this point. We're scheduled to go back in 5-weeks for the second part of the screening - and I think we'll be able to find out if we're having a girl or a boy. Bets are on the table; what do you predict?? I personally don't have a preference anymore at this point. I'm just excited to have a baby!

One thing the tech (not a physician) told us is that according to his measurements the fetus may actually be due a week later than originally predicted. He said the measurements are a little small to be 12-weeks. This is funny to me because in my earlier posts about being pregnant I mentioned that according to my calculations I thought I might be a little less along versus basing it on the first day of my last cycle. Mama knows! Haha, but we'll see. My doctor will need to confirm before the due date is officially adjusted. Either way, baby should be born in the latter half of January 2011, possibly even the first few days of February.


So am I 12-weeks or 11-weeks? I'll have to report back on that in a couple weeks. However far along I am, there is major activity going on inside. We got to hear the heartbeat and watch him/her jump and pretty much I'll say dance around the womb. Soooooo cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment