Monday, August 17, 2009

2 awesome days at the beach


That is a video my hubby took when we visited Kailua Beach Park yesterday afternoon. Such a great spot there. We even saw a big ol' turtle when we went out past the mouth of that channel. So cool!. Of course, we love turtles. We pretty much scared it away by swimming towards it all excited...Sorry Mr. Turtle.

We hung out waterside, swam a little, walked in the shallow channel which had fishes and a little current. There were a lot of kids, but they were funny to watch, especially the ones that were new to the beach. The drive to and from had some pretty sights too [see pics below]. We've drove through the same area several times, but I'm usually car sick by then so this time was better for me.



That was yesterday...

Today was even cooler because we found a long board for me to surf (best for Waikiki, and best for new surfers). The guy is moving back to the mainland and was selling is 8-footer for only $100 - yes, that is a very good deal. We almost bought a new board at a good but not better price in Kailua surf shop but thank goodness we chose to shop around. A couple little patches of fiber glass and we were out surfing together, me and my honey. I caught waves on my own today and made it to a crouch on a wave. I always wait too long because I don't feel stable to stand when the board is moving so fast. But I'll get there! :D I don't have pics yet, but you know I will as soon as possible. 

We also stopped by Pearlridge Center today and picked up new swimsuits for us since neither of us had bought new ones for years. Got one for me that is much better suited for surfing - less moving parts and smoother seams. It's koo to get the kama'aina (i.e. local) prices at surf brand stores...hehe. 

Gotta work early, but wanted to share a summary of my exciting times. Good night friends
 [rainbow from Felicia residual rain]

No comments:

Post a Comment