Friday, August 7, 2009

Mostly about yesterday...


Yesterday was another long and eventful day. First, I had my orientation at my new job. Met a few new co-workers and things are just looking great at this new place. Not that I expect it to be perfect, but at least I'm not dreading my first day of training - always a good sign.

After the fairly brief orientation, Jason and one of his cousins picked me up to begin our day's adventure. We were on a mission for Giovanni's garlic shrimp truck at the North Shore. SO worth the drive and car sickness endured on the way. That truck is not something to be taken lightly or passed by. Mm-mm! After we satisfied our fiendin' for those amazing garlic shrimp scampi, we headed to the Dole pineapple plantation for dessert: fresh pineapple ice cream (well, more like sherbet). It was my first time at the plantation, and I wanna go back! Not only was it some gooood ice cream, but there's a small garden/trail where you can take funny pics. 

 

 

 

We took the scenic route to the north, had a really good time, but we took the shorter route back home so as not to lose our minds.

 

[top: on the way there, bottom: on the way back (2nd rainbow so far!)]

Right now I'm sitting by my living room window listening to the wind rush by. There are 2 storms just southeast of here, which have been causing some strong winds. Luckily the storms are dying down as they approach these Hawaiian islands. Hurricanes and/or tropical storms may be common over here, but I'm from Seattle, and the only time I hear about hurricanes is when they're tearing a city apart. Over here they report it as the weather report (until it would pose an obvious threat).


The extra winds do help keep it cool, but that was not what I wanted as I tried surfing on Wednesday. I dunno if you wanna call me a wimp, but I do not like being cold, lol. Anyways, that was my 3rd attempt at surfing, I did catch a lot of waves, but still didn't stand up. Took a couple good spills but no reef injuries yet. Hopefully it won't be so crowded next time.

Back to yesterday...

After a nice nap with boo, we watched both of the final episodes of So You Think You Can Dance. YAY for Jeanine!! She was my favorite for most of the show. Yeah, I called it for sure. I've been really emotional lately for some reason (which does happen to me off and on so NO I'm not pregnant). Point being, I cried through the show for different pieces and even just missing dance and friends...then I got pics of my cat back home, Turtle, which I did post one last blog, and cried about that too a bit.

Oh, and we finally did get our laundry taken care of for the first time...yep.


P.S. I have not received information on my half-sister's mom. I will post as soon as I know anything.

P.P.S. Pics from Wednesday's swimming antics...



2 comments:

  1. I messed up the font color and could not figure out how to fix it...I'll keep trying, only because it bothers me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. was that comment a note to self? IT's funny because I was excited to see some of those favorite pieces again but at the same time, nothing compares to watching the pieces for the first time. It's just not the same. Excited for Jeanine! I want to go to the show when they come to town.. or just get my pic with Ade.*rawr

    ReplyDelete