Monday, August 3, 2009

A prayer request for my family

Since the day after I left for Hawai'i, and two days after my nieces funeral, my half sibling's mom has been in the hospital, unresponsive. Because of her status, they do not know exactly how she got that way. We know she has brain damage (frontal lobe) but we don't know how far she could ever come out of it or if she can even survive w/o a breathing tube. They're supposed to attempt to remove her breathing tube this Friday. A decision not lightly made.
 
*Please pray for my half sister's mom; for healing in God's will, that she hears when people pray over her, and that even if she can't talk her heart would be changed. And if she is to be fully healed, she'll be renewed in her mind to take better care of her health.

*Please pray for my bro & sis; The last month has been nothing but trials. Their relationship with their mom has been rough in the past, but that never makes these times any easier. Please pray that they would find peace and encouragement in this time. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am very troubled to be so far from home when all this is going on, just knowing how hard this is for my family. I love them and I have no words right now, which is easier to accept when you can just hug someone. Anyways, thank you for your powerful prayers.

Love,
Olive

1 comment:

  1. Didn't respond to your email but just wanted to say that I'll be praying for your fam. It's been a tough season but I'm glad that your siblings have you and your mom by their side. I pray that the relationship between J&J and their mom would be reconciled and restored during this time.

    ReplyDelete