Sunday, January 10, 2010

Feels Like Home

Well, we're ending our first full day of visiting Seattle. It...is...cold. I forgot how cold you can be just walking to and from your car over here. My ears have been hurting since we got off the plane. Despite all this, as we drive around, everything feels like home. The familiarity of this city is comforting - and if I wasn't so cold, I would feel relaxed, lol.

The other side of it all is that Honolulu is also our home now. It's a home away from home. It's warm, and it's where we've lived, worked and played for more than 6-months now. (Feels like longer.) We're building relationships and routines that will be missed when we eventually do move back here to Seattle. And of course, nothing will replace surfing anytime we want.

The flight here this time was fast: 5 hours. Thank goodness. I like flying Hawaiian Air, nice experience. My parents picked us up right on time and we went and ate some good Mexican food up north. I loooove my tacos al carbon! The cats were happy to see us, as usual. Thankfully they aren't over us, cuz I still miss them a lot, especially TURTLE. He's the cutest ever. So sad to have to know I have to leave him again.

Got a visit from one of my besties today. She's recently engaged and I finally got to hear the whole proposal story - so excited for her wedding! Gonna see many more of my darlings on Tuesday for a gathering at my mom's, can't wait.

My mom and stepdad saved their tree and Christmas lights for us to see since we missed Christmas time over there. I like. J got to see their new house for the first time, and his sister's apartment. We're staying at his parents' house tonight, and will be snowboarding in the morning. I've never tried snowboarding or even skiing so it will all be new to me - keep me in your prayers! We'll have a good size group, and at least one other girl will be with me on the bunny slopes. :)

Restaurant list through tonight:
La Palmera, Everett
Red Robin, Seattle (Northgate Mall)

No comments:

Post a Comment