Sunday, January 3, 2010

**Happy New Year**


It's 2010! And obviously, the end of 2009 smacked me in the back of my head because I haven't made an entry since 11/16/09...yikes. So much has happened, but a here's a bullet-point update for now:

End of November
-Surfing small waves on south shores, prepared with snorkel gear in between sets.
-Watching big waves on North Shore (beaches closed at Waimea).
-Had Thanksgiving dinner with my boss and her family. I was so thankful she invited us and that J didn't end up having to work.


Pre-Christmas December:
-Billabong Girls' Surf Camp, Maui...that's a loaded one that I'll save for another time for a full explanation. Long story short, had a good time staying at The Ritz, meeting awesome women who surf, made some friends, surfed the most beautiful spot so far Honolua Bay.
-Returned from my trip to a house full of guests: 2 friends, 1 sister-in-law.
-Multiple santa hat surf sessions. :)


Christmas!
-Weird to be away from family during this holiday; I'm not a fan. But we had a good Christmas and God reminded me of just how important I am to Him through the little things.
-Spent Christmas Eve with J's family and Christmas day just the two of us after opening presents via webcam with my parents.
-A santa surf session until the sun went down, of course.


New apartment :(
-We just moved right before the end of December, because we were hoping to save a little and get a place that let's us bring our 5 surfboards inside. Too bad we got a place that turns out to have quite a bit of roaches. Currently we are trying to get out of our lease (after 3 days).


New Year's Eve
-J worked, so I went to Nanang's on my own until my friend came by to hang. (Funny story is that we graduated same high school same year, and ran into each other here about a month ago - small world.) Kalihi is bananas on New Years and it was awesome!


TODAY
-Went to church and I needed it! I'm feeling very discouraged because of our living situation. I woke up very negative. The youth pastor preached since our regular pastor was out sick and it was a timely message for both J and I - God just knows! :) Then had a good time with the youth, very refreshing as usual. I ask anyone who got to the end of this entry to join me in praying for another place to live and that our landlord will give us minimal hassle to get out of the lease we just signed. There is already a potential location that would be extremely ideal, but we're waiting to hear back if it's even available for rent.

Please, oh please, I hope, I hope...


No comments:

Post a Comment