Friday, January 15, 2010

I like being home

As cold and as rainy as it is here, I got mad love for Seattle. I honestly don't look forward to living in these temperatures again when we move back, but I am very happy to think of the day when I'll be closer to my family and friends again.

Our gathering on Tuesday was nice; very low key with just a few people. I got an absolutely beautiful memory scrapbook from my three close friends that I will treasure forever! It included pics and notes from many of my friends - I'm feelin' the love fo' sho'. I only wish more people could've come out to see us and/or that we had more time to make for those we haven't seen. *sighhhh*
We went shopping on Wednesday at Alderwood Mall. It's weird how even hometown malls are that much more nice to shop at, just knowing your surroundings better and how the stores are I guess.

We went snowboarding for the first time for me yesterday. We went to Steven's Pass; me, J, B, K, and Ai. I almost didn't go, but glad I did since the conditions were ideal for a beginner like me. It was cold enough for fresh snow to fall, but warm enough that I actually took off a couple layers - me (the cold one)! Had a good time, but of course I sucked. I may try again, but I'm content with just my surfing for now.

After cleaning up a bit, we met back at J's parents' house and watched American Idol auditions, followed by karaoke with the Magic Mic. As any good karaoke session goes, there was gut busting laughter and even some hoarse voices afterwards. I want a Magic Mic!! (**Magic Mic is a karaoke system where you punch in the song number from a directory, then you are scored on your performance - most commonly found in Filipino homes. J's mom brought one back from the Philippines. Yessssss!) To both mine and my husband's surprise, I sang a lot. I didn't give it my all, but I was audible and included some awesome dance moves. And even his sister and future brother-in-law really threw down and came out of their shells. I love it.

Just got my hair cut by my favorite (and currently, my only) hair stylist at 7 Salon. I can't imagine where I'd go with out her, lol. Tried and considered growing my hair, but it's back to the usual slightly bob cut, off my neck and framing my face.

Gotta finish up here, gonna go visit my sister and other family tonight. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment