Thursday, February 25, 2010


Looks like I fell off my blogging train again. Life has picked up I guess and sometimes I feel lost in the mix.

One of my dearest bestest friends now lives here! As of the 9th she is a local girl. :) I so wish we lived in the same town but we're getting together fairly often so far and making it work.

I went to the Brian McKnight concert on Valentine's Day with my friend (a girl). It was a great show; he's a true vocalist and is actually very funny. I don't think I'll ever get tired of his voice. I wish I could've gone with my boo but he had to work so we spent time before that. (I don't think he would've enjoyed it as much as me and my friend anyways.)

My honey made it up to me the following Tuesday by surprising me with a trip up north to the Polynesian Cultural Center. I had never been to that luau - or any other luau on this island actually. The food was good, but I wish we got there sooner to see more stuff around the exhibits. We took a canoe ride, and the show at the end of the night was cool. It was a big production, and I liked how they come up and down the isles throughout the whole show.

I finally had my pre-conception check-up last week. I was way overdue for my annual exam so it all worked out. My doctor said I'm healthy and she would expect me to have no problem getting pregnant, even with my cyst issues and longterm pill usage. She also did a cholesterol check on the spot. If I had just waited and not eaten my granola bar in the lobby it would've been a fasting glucose level but at least I have an update: my overall cholesterol went down 9 points, and while I do have high good cholesterol, I also have high bad cholesterol. I hate thinking about that stuff but it kind of weighs on the back of my mind. I am thin, active, and maintain a relatively healthy diet BUT my genes have betrayed me and I still have to watch my cholesterol. Poo. On the up side, I've increased my soy intake via tofu and soy milk. I started before I had the news about my cholesterol since I read soy can help encourage fertility on the woman's side. We'll see if it makes a difference for either of my goals!

And now, it's boo time. We would be surfing, but I'm trying not to prolong my sickness. Just a cold I think, but why drag it out when the waves may not be so good today anyway. I may not be so willing to pass once summer comes around...

No comments:

Post a Comment